I’ve been in love with Vintage and eccentric clothing and looks since I was young. My Dad was a sailor and I used to wear one of his cast off uniform jackets everywhere, I loved that jacket sooooo much! I loved old clothes and unusual clothes and much of my shopping was, and still is, done off the high street in second hand shops and army surplus stores!
Recently vintage has become very trendy and the pinup girl / rockabilly look in particular is very popular! As I tend towards that sort of look I thought I’d do a couple of posts on achieving it with my favourite budget brand MUA.
This first post is all about the lips. I ❤ lipstick so much and to really achieve that vixen look it’s gotta be red every time! This can be a very difficult colour to wear so here are my 3 top tips for getting it right:
1. Use a lip liner! This will help to stop the lipstick from bleeding and will also help you to get it right (believe me it helps :))
2. Use a lip brush! This will help you to get definition and make application easier. I find it almost impossible to apply red lipstick without a brush (too clumsy!)
3. Blot, Blot, Blot! This may sound obvious but it is essential with dark lipsticks to help them stay put. It’s also a good idea to blot between layers if you’re going for a really deep colour.
First up is lip liner, MUA do a brilliant one called Red Drama which, if blended in will go with all red lipsticks (I used it in the picture above). To top it off this has a sharpener in the lid!
MUA do 2 amazing lipsticks, both work well with the lip liner and both have an amazing vintage look about them.
To achieve the perfect pout follow these steps:
1. Line your lips to get the shape you desire. Top tip make sure the liner is sharp as definition is easier to achieve! If you want you can use this as a base for your lipstick and fill your lips in with it!
2. Carefully fill in the lips remembering to make sure the liner is blended well. It looks very odd when the liner is obvious! If you can get hold of a lip brush that has a lid this is best as you can take it with you for touch ups. I have one which uses the lid to push the brush into so it’s full length when you use it, very handy!
3. Blot and refill you lips, I normally do this once or twice but it’s entirely up to you what your preference is here. Make sure to keep some tissue in your purse for touch ups later.
Simples as the dodgy meerkat says ☺
These are beautiful shades of red and will set off any outfit but particularly a pretty swing/Audrey Hepburn dress!
They fulfil any Vixen’s need to look drop dead gorgeous with a killer pout and I wear them regularly. They really do have staying power and I’ve only needed to reapply a couple of times during a night out depending on how much I drink etc. For £1 each they’re bargainous!
Next time Vixen Eyes!