Fantastic update on the BUAV campaign from Naomi @ Bewitchery! At last Europe is going cruelty free!!!!!
Just a quicky!!!! 🙂
Firstly, apologies for the lack of updates and communications with my wonderful blogger friends, my computer has had a little meltdown and I’ve only had my phone to update the blog. My wonderful hubby seems to have revived the poor thing and I’m hoping the normal service will be resumed imminently!
Secondly, I’ve just been advised by one of my wonderful friends that Superdrug have added a new Brand to their cosmetics/beauty range called B., find the website here. This is brand spanking new and I’ve not been able to find anything about it on the internet.
They do a skin care range which can be tailored to your skin type and is similar to the Clinique 3 step range. There is a diagnostic tool on the B. website which will help you determine which products are suitable for you skin! It’s quite detailed and when the result comes through there are recommendations for the products that would work well with you skin.
There is also a comprehensive cosmetic range which features pretty much everything a girl would like. The colour palettes give plenty of choice and clicking on the colour will show the product in that colour.
Pricewise this is really reasonable and is comparable with a lot of the big brands like Nivea et al.
Top all that off with the fact this is Leaping Bunny approved, Vegetarian & Vegan friendly and does not contain Parabens and you can see why I’m a little excited about trying it out! I’ll be off to Superdrug to check it out as I’ve been looking for a good beauty regime since giving up the big bad brands!
Hurrah for new products 🙂
Unfortunately, Superdrug do not ship internationally 😦
Just a quick post!
In 3hrs & 3 mins it’ll be New Year here in the UK and I’ll probably be tucked up in bed after consuming some rather lovely pink bubbly!!!!!
To everyone out there in blogger land Happy New Year and I hope 2013 is a fantastic year for you all with lots of love, sparkles, glitz and glamour!
I’ll see you all in the new year
Natty xx ❤ xx
For my followers and any other’s who have access to Sephora own cosmetics I’m sorry to say they’ve entered china and are no longer cruelty free :(. I found this out through Logical Harmony’s recent post:
It’s getting unbearable seeing so many companies do this and saddens me greatly!
PETA is currently in talks with China to get non-animal testing approved and the first tests are due to be approved any day – see here, of course this is only one test but it is a start! Why can’t these companies actively help this? They are once again putting money before ethics!!!
So, you can’t have missed the fact that we are in a pretty grim recession at the mo and in the little old UK we’re in what is comically called a ‘double dip’ recession, I have to say that there is nothing funny about a recession and giving it a fancy name doesn’t help those who are struggling!
Anyway, as times are grim and most of us are on very tight budgets I thought I’d do some top tips on being cruelty free on a budget, because yes, you can be cruelty free even when money is tight! So here, in no particular order is my list of top tips for feeling wonderful even when life is throwing you a curve ball!!
1. Work out how much you can afford to spend This might seem obvious but it is important to know how much you have so you can decide what price range you can look at.
2. Decide what products you use and how often This may seem like a faff but it’s worth doing as you may find that the products you use less often last a lot longer and don’t need to be purchased as regularly. This means you may be able to get the nicer product as you can budget for when you run out! It will also give you an idea of when you’re more expensive months may be.
3. Shop around Check out the Internet and the high street shops. Look for offers, some brands/shops are predictable about when they do offers so you can bulk buy around them! I quite often buy a few months worth of something when it’s on buy one get one free as bottled lotions etc have really long shelf lives!!!!
4. Try before you buy! A lot of companies will let you buy samples of their products, this is a great way of making sure a product suits you as there is nothing more frustrating than realising when you get a moisturiser etc that you’re allergic or it gives you an outbreak out of spots!!!
5. The Internet is your friend Research, research and research some more! The Internet is the place for bargains, you can check what your local store has on offer before you go, you can shop around for your favourite products and you can look for new products. The Internet highway is the place to hunt out your bargains and you can do it from the comfort of your own home!
6. Cut the top off that tube!!! So you think that tube of hand cream is empty??? Well think again! If you carefully cut the top off you will find lots of product left in there, if it’s a squeezy tube I tend to cut it do I can still push it back over the bottom, otherwise mark a lid out of foil or something similar. Just keep an eye on the product to make sure it doesn’t “go off”! I’ve had tubes last an extra week doing this so it’s well worth a try!
7. Don’t use too much This is obvious I know but it’s worth checking you’re using the right amount as it’s a waste otherwise and we don’t like waste when budgeting 😊
8. Use BUAV etc sites These will give you details of which product ranges are cruelty free and will often include links to websites.
9. Go to your local farmers market if you have one near you use it, there are often local farmers / residents selling natural beauty products at reasonable prices and the person who made it is there to answer all your questions!
10. Have fun! Don’t get too hung up on price there are loads of companies out there doing cruelty free beauty products at great prices and they’re fun to discover!!!!
Budgeting is a pain but worth it and just think what there is out there to discover if you’re looking for new, fab treats!
As I write this I am sitting looking out of the window of the Palacel Hotel in Buxton (UK) having a Spa Break with a very good friend! After 2 days of pampering and relaxation I am in heaven! Whilst here we had a wander into this historic town and I picked up yet another MUA product, I have so many now I will be able to blog for about a month!!
This shade is no9 and is a pearlescent eyeshadow. It is a rich purple colour with undertones of blue and pink. The pictures do not do it any justice but it is amazing and, as with all MUA, products it has a high pigment so a little goes a long, long way! I can see why make up artists rate these products and love them. It is easy to apply and looks amazing, I reckon this would suit most skin types though you may want to tone it down on really pale skin. It gives smokey eyes an amazing sheen and can tone down the black if you find it a bit too much for your eyes. It’s a FAB rocky colour that would look amazing when bouncing round clubs/gigs or living it up at Tribal et al.
Yet another Gold Star for MUA as this cost £1, yes a nugget!!! I am totally in love with MUA and will be doing a lot of adding to my collection. The amazing colours that go from understated to vibrant are amazing and you can get everything from Bronzer to Primer from them for under £5!
I’ve finally done it, I’ve found cruelty free hair colour on the high street and it’s courtesy of Superdrug!!!! Don’t often go in there but was purchasing some MUA and spotted this in the hair section! Not only is it BUAV approved, as are all Superdrug own brand products, it’s also cheap, £3.49 each or 2 for £4.99!!! Hurrah!
Haven’t tried it yet as I got all excited and had to share with the world but will update later as my roots are shocking at the mo and it’s getting seriously urgent!
The range is not as extensive as the other brands but there’s a good range of blondes and brunettes and I’m sure this will be added to in time.
Thank you Superdrug I was starting to think I’d have to go back to my horrible dirty blonde but you saved me 🙂